Sunday, September 15, 2013

New Shoes

During the day of the Elegant party, I hung around the house for a while and then went to lunch with my mom and sisters.  We ended up talking for over three hours.  It was nice to just be the four of us.  Then, we ran to the mall really quickly to get some clothes for the funeral.

After school, I picked up the kids, we came home, and packed a bag before picking up Lilah.  The plan was to meet Brian at work and take the kids to his parents’ house for the funeral.  I hated to take them there two weekends in a row, but I knew that I needed time at the visitation and funeral to deal with everything myself.  It’s a good thing I did, because I was chatting the whole time at the visitation and on the actual funeral day, I was a complete mess.  Thanks Grammie and Pops!

Anyway…when we got home to pack the bag, I saw that Macie had gotten some mail.  She was so excited!  Aunt Katie sent her a new pair of school shoes!  When we got to Sturgis, Macie discovered that she had two more new pairs of shoes!  Thanks Aunt Katie! 

042043044045046

No comments: