Thursday, August 14, 2014

What’s Cookin’?

I’ve been spending a lot of time in the kitchen lately.  We ended up getting 50 pounds of peaches this summer and I made so many things with them: cobblers, peach applesauce, peach butter, canned some, froze some, ate a few fresh ones, margaritas, and peach salsa.  I’m sure I’ve forgotten a few things.  The cobblers have been a hit everywhere we take them.  By far, my favorite thing I made was peach salsa.  I’m seriously addicted and will be making it again!

I’ve also been canning like crazy.  We have plenty of dinners of chicken noodles, veggie soup, and chili.  I’ve also made pizza sauce, pasta sauce, and tomato sauce.  It should last me for months.  Other things I’ve canned are green beans, corn, and veggie stock.  I honestly love cooking and love the fresh fruits and veggies we’ve been blessed with this summer.  Now that school has started, it will be more difficult, but I am still keeping up.  We spend less and eat better!!

The craziest thing I’ve made is yogurt in the crockpot.  It turned out so good and I will definitely be making it again!

001003009010

No comments: