Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Reading At Mass

I ended up having to miss work the next day.  I can’t tell you the last time I missed school because I was sick and not the kids!  I was so upset because it was Macie’s first time reading at Mass.  She had been practicing for weeks and was upset I wasn’t going to be there.  I was more upset than her though and cried!  Brian had just started his new job and didn’t think he would be able to make it.  Thankfully, he was able to sneak in, hear her do her reading, and then go back to work.  She saw him there which is what matters.  Grandma and Lilah also went to watch Macie.  Brian tried to take a video recording, but it didn’t work that well.  My friend, Brandi, recorded Macie for me and sent it to me.  I cried when I opened the text.  She was loud and clear and I was so proud!  Brian swung by the house and brought me a Snapple and cookie before heading back to work.  I am so blessed to be surrounded with such wonderful people who love me!

Here is her responsorial psalm reading:

Sing praise to the Lord with the harp

With the harp and melodious song

With trumpets and sound of the horn

Sing joyfully for the king, the Lord

The Lord has made know his salvation.

No comments: