Saturday, September 18, 2010

500th Post...and it's a doozy!!!

This is my 500th post and boy-oh-boy do I have a something to blog about! Last night, Brian told me that he caught Macie trying to climb out of her crib. We had a long talk about how we will have to put her in her toddler bed soon. Well we didn't do it soon enough! After the birthday party, I laid Macie down for her afternoon nap. She went right to sleep. Gavin was taking a nap in his swing so I sat down to blog and relax. After about an hour, I heard Macie, but she wasn't crying so I didn't worry about it. About half an hour later, I heard a loud thud. I took off running because I knew the crying would start and it did. When I walked in her room, she was standing with her toothbrush and toothpaste balling. After I calmed her down and realized that she was ok, I began to look around the room and I think my jaw hit the floor. I wish I had a video camera on her to see what all she did because she was all over the place. Somehow, she climbed onto the dresser and drug the diaper changing basket into her crib. EVERYTHING was dumped out of the basket and in the crib. Then, she must have crossed over the dresser to get into Gavin's crib. He had the changing pad and humidifier (which were on the floor when she went to sleep) in his crib along with all of her pony tail holders. There were probably hundreds of them. I honestly didn't know what to do. Laugh? Cry? Scream? So, I called my mom! She came over because she had to see it in person. Because it was so late (it was around 5 when I discovered all of this) and Brian wasn't home, I decided to set up the pack-n-play in the office for her to sleep in temporarily. I cleaned up Gavin's crib. Thank goodness he wasn't sleeping in there or who knows what would have happened! I did take some pictures, but I didn't want her to see me do it because I didn't want her to think it was a good thing! Honestly, they don't even do it justice!!! There will be some big changes happening in the Mitchell household coming very soon...
Macie's Crib
Gavin's Crib

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congrats on your 500th post!! I'm thinking i may hit that mark next year...or the year after:)).
Wow, Macie sure did have some fun...lol!!!