Monday, September 6, 2010

Yard Work Before and After

We bought our house a little over 4 years ago. We had a long list of projects that we wanted to tackle (mainly in the yard), but something else always seemed to come up. A lot has happened in the last four years (wedding, 2 babies, etc) and the yard has been neglected to say the least. We are finally working hard to get it in good shape. I am tired of coming home and being embarrassed by my yard. A month or so ago, Brian and I pulled out some bushes in front, but that was it. Last weekend and today, Brian finished pulling out all of the old junk and weeds. We decided to pull everything up, use as much of the old plastic as possible to lay down, spray round up, and then cover everything with mulch. We are going to leave it until next spring. There is no point in planting anything right now. The yard is looking SOOOO much better. Don't get me wrong, we have a long way to go, but each project completed makes me happy! Once it is all done, we will just have to maintain it. We are planning to move in about 4 years so I want to take the next few years to improve our house as much as possible. Here are some before and after pictures:
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Looks good!! I love seeing before and after pics:). I also love that sense of accomplishment!!
Love the lei pic of Macie:)