Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mitchell Family Updates

Race For the Cure: Today I walked in the Race for the Cure with a group from Holy Spirit. We walked in memory of Paula Slow. Her son graduated from Holy Spirit last year. I love walking in big events like that. I find that it is so moving and makes me look at life differently. I tend to treasure each and every moment more when I get home. I didn't bring my camera, but I know that Jamie and Renee both took a group picture with their camera. I may steal one from their blog when they post.

Love and Logic: A few weeks back, I attended a Love and Logic training that was focused on its uses at school, but I was able to find several new strategies I could take home. Basically, it is a way to remove the angry emotions when disciplining. Instead, when a child does something you don't like, you say, "I'm so sad that you threw your food on the floor, now I have to take your tray away", or something like that. We've been using it with Macie and I've noticed a big difference. I have to admit it is hard to always say the right thing and Brian is struggling at times. Tonight, it was so funny because I just gave Macie a look when she was acting up and she said, "I so sad". How funny!!!


Wind: Macie loves to lay her head on the air conditioner vents when they are blowing. She also loves to put the pin wheel over it and watch it go. We had the air turned off a few weekends ago, when it was much cooler, and she was upset because they weren't blowing. She said, "Wind Mommy, help wind!" She was so excited when we turned the air back on a few days later!


First Table Food: Gavin had his first table food last week. He had some french vanilla pudding. He loved it! I'm sure that we will be slowly introducing him to many more foods soon!


Big Changes Ahead: Next weekend we are going to be swapping the kids room and office. That is a BIG job! I know that the kids will have a lot more space and more toys will be able to fit in their room. I also know that I will feel so relieved to have everything cleaned out and organized. Right now we have a lot of clutter and I can't stand clutter! It seems like every time I get things organized, something else happens and I have to start all over! I'll post pics once everything is done!


Birthday Banners: A few weeks ago, I borrowed Jamie's cricut machine to cut out letters and pieces to make birthday banners for the kids. She made an adorable banner for Hannah's birthday and I wanted to steal the idea. I finished Gavin's banner, but ran out of glue before I did Macie's I bought more glue, but I'll have to finish hers this week. Her birthday party is only two weeks away...eek!

1 comment:

The Broeker Family said...

The banner turned out so cute! I love it!!