Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Valentine’s Day started off on the right foot, but had a few bumps in the road.  Macie woke up in a good mood and said “Happy Valentine’s Day” to us right away.  I kissed and hugged all of my loves and we were ready to go.  Brian made a card on the computer and left it along with some Hershey kisses on my seat in the car.  It made me smile! He found a card and cookie in his bag from me.  Honestly, little things like that are what’s the most important!

When I dropped Macie off at preschool, her teacher stopped me to let me know that Macie had been acting up at school.   She has been making herself known in the classroom (extra loud and interrupting)  and has been acting out towards her peers.  I was kind of taken by surprise.  Not that I don’t think Macie can act like that, but I thought she had been getting a stamp every day.  Turns out, she’s been on red quite a bit. I was not happy.  I went right in to talk to her.  Well, after a crazy day of my class being nuts, she came in my classroom without a stamp.  I was super upset (turns out she did get  a stamp that day, it just washed off).  Then, I go pick up Gavin from daycare to find out, that he bit someone….AGAIN!  I was on the verge of tears.  I had a new empathy for my parents at school.

I had a serious talk with them on the way home.  They knew I was upset.    Brian and I decided we would go ahead with our Valentine’s plans.  We did, however, decide that we wouldn’t give them their present from us or the card from Grammie and Pops.  We told them as soon as we got a good report they could have them.  The kids were beyond upset and crying.  We had another talk with them and hoped for a better day.

Here’s a look into the happier times:

Sorting through goody bags…

DSCN1086DSCN1087DSCN1088DSCN1089DSCN1090DSCN1091DSCN1093DSCN1095DSCN1096DSCN1097

A cookie snack…

DSCN1098DSCN1099DSCN1100

An Owl Craft Project…

DSCN1101DSCN1102DSCN1103DSCN1104DSCN1105DSCN1106DSCN1107

Picnic dinner in living room with Winnie The Pooh Valentine Movie…

DSCN1110DSCN1111DSCN1112

Lilah’s Presents…

DSCN1115DSCN1116DSCN1117DSCN1118DSCN1119DSCN1120DSCN1121

A Surprise from Leah…

DSCN1122

Regardless of how the day went, I’m happy that I had four loves to spend it with!  Happy Valentine’s Day to All!!

No comments: