Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Out with the old, in with the new to us!

On Saturday, we were supposed to do the Race for the Cure.  With all of the kids being sick, we decided it would be best to stay home.  I was bummed, but didn’t want Macie to start throwing up everywhere.  I got some motivation and started cleaning house.  Over the weekend, I got a lot of house cleaning done and catching up.  We had been barely surviving for weeks! 

We also got some things from my grandma’s house.  Our couch was super nasty and our microwave was really old and barely working.  We were able to get one of my grandma’s couches and plan to get the other one once her house sells.  I wouldn’t have picked out the pattern, but it is in great shape!  We also got a new microwave and several other things from the house.  It felt really weird to walk about and pick out things.  I got some neat table cloths and other kitchen items.  I also got a box full of stuff to use in my classroom. 

I will always treasure these items even though I know they don’t replace my grandma.  The couches were always coveted spots on Christmas Eve and I look forward to using the football table cloth when we have people over for a Colt’s game!

043044045046047

No comments: