Friday, November 29, 2013

Houston Trip

November 15-18, Brian and I went to Houston, Texas.  We were lucky enough to get to go with World Wide Marriage Encounter and participate in a Deeper weekend.  I was sad to leave the kids for that long, but knew they would be in good hands.  Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Allie helped out. 

The actual trip was awesome, but the flights there and back weren’t so great.  I lost my phone in the Louisville airport, Brian’s bag broke, and we were a mess running around.  Luckily, someone found my phone and the police called my dad to let him know it was found.  We found out after our first flight and I was so relieved.  We ran to catch our connecting flight and had to wait 2 hours for the shuttle to pick us up from the hotel.  On the way home, our flight was cancelled and we didn’t get to our house until around 1am and the kids were up at 4 because they missed us. (And we missed them, too)

Overall, we met some amazing couples and feel so blessed to be on this journey.  We were sad to leave them, but couldn’t wait to see our babies again.  Hopefully, we made some lifelong friendships.  Next up, we have to write our first talks so we are ready to present! 

No comments: