Sunday, March 16, 2014

Did I jinx myself?

When I named my blog, Mitchell Madness, I knew my life was crazy.  However, it seems to get crazier and crazier by the minute!

3/1-3/2 Lilah started running a temp while at Grammie and Pops and said both ears hurt.  The next day, we took her to Convenient Care and found out that she did indeed have a double ear infection with the right side being worse.  They prescribed Omnicef and sent us on our way.

3/3 That night, Macie woke up throwing up.  Thankfully it was a snow day so I stayed home with kids.  We let the ENT and Dr. V know about  Lilah and set up a follow up for the next Monday

3/4 Everyone appeared normal.  It was a 2 hour delay. I took the big two to school and by lunch Macie was running a temp and pitiful.  I found a sub and was able to make an appointment for her with Dr. Voyles.  By the time we got there she had a 102 temp and was he said she had an ear infection and probably strep.  He didn’t bother doing the test because the meds would cover both.  After nap, we headed to pick up Gavin from school and found out Lilah woke up with a 103.5 temp.  I cancel therapy, pick her up, and head home and then to get meds.  Thankfully, Grandma stayed with the kids while I ran that errand because Brian worked late.

3/5 Brian stayed home with kids so that I could work.  Dr. Voyles ordered different meds for Lilah because her temp was still up. 

3/6 Everyone back to daycare, work, and school.  Lilah’s first fever free day wasn’t until the next day though.

3/10 We had a pretty good weekend, so we thought we were in the clear.  5 minutes after I dropped off the kids at school, Gavin threw up.  Brian picked him up and stayed home with him.  Lilah had a check up that day.  Her ears looked clear and she got a good report.  Dr. V went ahead and checked Gavin and said everything else looked good.  Gavin never got sick again and was starving all day.  Brian went to work as soon as I got home so he could get a half day in.

3/15 It was beautiful day outside.  I went for a walk and the kids played outside with Brian. Lilah came down the slide and popped her elbow out of socket.  It is called Nursemaid’s Elbow.  Macie had it, but hers always went back in.  Lilah had this happen once before and Dr. V had to pop it in for her.  Lilah was screaming and her arm was limp.  As soon as I got home, I took her to Convenient Care.  She was screaming in the lobby, in the room, and pretty much the entire time.  When the doctor took her shirt off, I think he popped it back into place.  They did x-rays and that was pretty much a terrible experience because she was in so much pain.  I felt so badly for her.  We’d given her Tylenol, but it wasn’t enough.  After being there a few hours, he said the x-ray looked normal and we were free to go.  We pumped her with Motrin and Tylenol so she would sleep.  She moaned a bit last night, but has been using it like normal today.

Ughh….Mitchell Madness…when are we going to catch a break??  I love my life and try to remind myself, it could always be worse!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow, you have had some Mitchell Madness!! I hope this week will be better for you and your family!!!