Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Louisville Zoo Trip

Last Sunday, we took a trip to the Louisville Zoo.  It'd been three years since we'd been there.  Grandpa, Aunt Annie, Uncle Charles, and Andre went with us.  We had a great day and saw parts of the zoo that we hadn't seen before.  A highlight for me was petting a wallaby.  It was super hot, but the kids cooled off in the splash park.  The kids are at such a fun age and I love seeing them soak in the facts about the animals.  Gavin is so into anything and everything science and I'm trying to hone in on that.  He wants to know what every animal is called and something about them.  We were there for five hours, but the time flew by!  I'm not sure when we will make it back, but I know we will visit again!
After the zoo, we went to the Mellow Mushroom to eat.  It was kind of an early dinner, but we knew the kids would crash as soon as got into the car.  Brian had been wanting to eat there for a long time and it didn't disappoint.  We had a Holy Shitake Pie and spinach artichoke dip.  Yummo!  I drove home and my dad and I talked while everyone else napped.  We got home at a decent time and took it easy the rest of the night.  Fun family day!













No comments: