Tuesday, September 8, 2015

New Shoes and Head Boo Boos

Lilah got a new pair of shoes from the Whiteley girls and she loves them.  They do look awfully cute on her! 
 
Unfortunately, she also got a major head boo boo last Friday.  Lilah and Macie were playing baby.  They strapped Lilah into the umbrella stroller on the deck and Macie were pushing her around. Unfortunately, they thought going down the stairs would be an option and Lilah ended up flipping down the stairs and hitting her head on the concrete.  By the time I got outside, they had turned her upright and I could see blood running out of her mouth.  She was screaming, unable to speak coherently, and really out of it.  Thankfully, Macie and Gavin were great listeners and were bringing me things I needed.  I realized the bleeding was coming from her tongue and I was able to get that under control.  I noticed a huge mark on her head an it was popping out some, but not as much as I'd hoped.  She was answering questions and calming down, so I had her rest on me a bit. 
 
A little bit later, she woke up screaming and ended up throwing up.  That was enough for me!  I called Brian and my dad to help with the kids.  We took her to the emergency room and they checked her out.  She was starting to look a bit better the longer we were there.  Although she was nauseous, she never got sick again.  They were hesitant to do a ct scan on a developing brain (even though she's already had one), but they were sure she had a concussion.  We were released and she was starving.  We picked up some meds, food, and the kids.  We were all wiped by the time got home.  I let Lilah sleep in my room and set my alarm to check on her throughout the night.  Thankfully, she did great and was back to herself the next day!



No comments: