Sunday, August 14, 2016

Journaling for Stress Relief

My friend, Rachel, told me about this cool class at Ivy Tech called Journaling for Stress Relief.  It was three one hour sessions and was free.  She knows how much stress I've been under and thought I would enjoy it.  I've gone to two sessions so far and really like it.  I'm the youngest in the class by a decade (or 2 or 3), but it's a good group.  I've learned different journaling techniques, such as, 5 Minute Sprint, 100 list, 3 Words, Gratitude letter, and Reflection write.  I hope to keep journaling after the class is over.  The blog is one way of journaling, but I'm able to get more things out in my private journal.  Most of my entries will never be shared, but here is one five minute sprint that I wrote:

August 2, 2016
I feel relaxed and calm when...
my kids are all sleeping sweetly in their beds
my house is picked up, the yard is managed, and my to do list is short
I'm in a baggy t-shirt and Brian's shorts
I'm hanging out with Brian watching tv or upstairs reading a book
I'm sitting at Adoration at Holy Spirit Church
the sun is setting and I'm on the deck on a cool evening
I'm with good company
I've had a few drinks with friends
I'm laughing so hard I'm afraid I may pee my pants
my children are behaving in public and they get a compliment
I'm sitting in a candlelit bath with bubbles
I'm snuggling with my babies
I get good news about a bill
I think about how we are debt free except for our house
I know GOD will provide for me
I breathe deep

No comments: