Saturday, August 21, 2010

Masterpiece

Last year, the music teacher taught my class a song called "Masterpiece". She picked out a few verses for them to sing along with the Kindergartners at Mass. I thought it was the sweetest song and it brought tears to my eyes listening to the little kiddos sing it. The music teacher suggested that I sing it to my own kids. I changed a few words so it would make sense, but now I sing it to them all of the time before they go to bed. It brings tears to my eyes when I hold my precious little babies in my arms and sing to them. Who knows, maybe someday they will be singing this song to their children...

Masterpiece
Up in heaven many years ago
God was making shoulders, knees, and toes
He put them all together
And painted them with love
And he made you what your mom is thankful for
R. Like a Master painter,
God made you art
Like a Master thinker,
God made you smart
Like a Master builder,
God made you strong
And he'll work on you your whole life long
He created you the way you look
Using all the pieces that he took
I'm so glad he made you
The way you are today
And he'll never throw the pieces away

No comments: