Tuesday, August 17, 2010

This and That

Got Milk?
Brian and I went grocery shopping last Thursday night when the kids were in Sturgis. We bought a gallon of milk among other things. Saturday night I was dumping out the rest of an old gallon and rinsing out the milk jug when I realize that the gallon we bought wasn't in the fridge. Hmmmm....did we leave it at the store? Oh no...it was in the back of the Escape. You got it....it had been the car with temps reaching over a hundred degrees for 2 WHOLE DAYS!! The carton was all disfigured and let's just say it wasn't a pretty sight. That thing would have exploded before long! The next morning, Brian had to go and get more milk!

Me Turn?
Yesterday after school, I laid on the floor and did my usual. I asked Gavin about his day. He kicks and squeals and smiles. Macie wanted to join in on the fun and she said "Me turn". I said, "Macie, how was your day?" She responded very matter of factly, "I played Melindas" (or a version of that I could plainly understand). I said, "What else did you do?" She said, "Eat". "Did you do anything else?" "No"
Did I really just have a conversation with my 22 month old about her day? Holy cow she is growing up fast!

A Few Words From Macie
vgft7 evczczzcswa;as;sa;sasa;aa;as;a;a;a;aa;a;;a;as;a;a;as;, ,s; ,sdl,lDa,LA,SS,S SS SSS

Schedule Changes
We've made some pretty big changes in the kid's schedules lately. Macie is officially down to one main nap a day. At daycare she is sleeping for 2 1/2 to 3 hours each afternoon. Every now and then she needs a late afternoon nap, but not as often as before.
Gavin has started going to bed at 7 when Macie goes to bed. We realized that we were pretty much shoving that last bottle down his throat. We thought we would give it a try last weekend and it was a success! We had to wake him up this morning to give him his bottle. It is both weird and nice to have both kids in bed by 7. Brian and I don't know what to do with ourselves. We are able to spend so much more time together and get a lot done! I'm loving it!! The only negative is that we have to split our time when the kids are awake even more and can't spend as much quality alone time with Gavin once Macie goes to bed.

Rolling Over
Gavin is rolling over more often, although still not consistently. He even rolled over from his belly to his back on Sunday with all of us watching! It won't be long and my little man will be on the move!

Missed You
On the way home today, I said, "Macie I love you". She said, "Missed you". Simple moments like that make me smile! That girl is talking nonstop! One of my absolute favorite things she says all of the time right now is, "Hi Dadin" (Gavin). She loves that little guy just as much as we do!

No comments: