Saturday, August 21, 2010

Salsa

Today, I attempted to make salsa for the first time. Brian's mom gave us another box of tomatoes and I knew we wouldn't eat them all. This summer I already made tomato sauce and chopped up some tomatoes to freeze. We went to Rural King and got a salsa packet. I followed the directions but I added onion, bell pepper, and banana pepper to it. I wanted to use up other things I had around the house before they went bad! It was a lot of work, but for a total cost of $3, I guess it was worth it! It is cooling right now. Brian and I plan to eat some with lunch. Hopefully it tastes good!




Macie wanted to help cook and had a hard time accepting the fact that Mommy was busy. I had the trash can pulled over by me so that I could put all of the tomato waste in it. Macie loves to play in the trash can and we are constantly trying to keep her away from it. When we weren't looking, she knocked over the can. Needless to say, it was a big mess and she was put in time out. When, Brian was cleaning up, she kept asking to help. He got an adorable video of her cleaning the floor. She wanted to help so I guess we didn't violate any child labor laws!

No comments: