Wednesday, July 29, 2015

First Day of School

Today was our first day of school.  The kids were super excited and I was anxious.  They were up bright and early and we started school before 7 and they didn't want to take any real breaks.  Because I had been doing a lot of the assessing before today, they were done in about 3 hours.  That was about the point I was losing them.  I know that I will be able to keep their attention longer as the year goes.  We did get through everything I had planned.  Typically, it will take 4 or 5 hours to complete our day.  A typical school day is 7 hours and includes recesses, transition time, lunch, etc.  There is a lot of wasted time.  I plan to cover all of the necessary subjects and then some!  Here is a little look into our first day:

Prepping Before






 Breakfast and Note from Daddy



 Going Through Crates

 New Seats

 Book Time!



 Math Stations



 Centers: Picture Hunt

 First Day Pics!




No comments: