Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fun Family Day

Brian was off work on Friday so we decided to take visit some places that he went to often as a child. First, we went to Garden of the Gods. It was my first time there along with Macie. We walked on a trail and ate a picnic lunch. I think that Brian wanted to be a little more adventurous, but Macie and I held him back. It made me nervous, but the views are breathtaking. Next, we headed to Cave In Rock. It is a cave along the Ohio River that has supposedly held Jesse James and other bandits when they were hiding out. Then, we rode the ferry across into Kentucky. That was an experience....freaked me out a little bit, but it was neat at the same time. After a short stop at Yoder's variety store, our final destination was Sturgis to see Brian's parents. It was a LONG day, but very fun. We made it home around 8:00 and I think I was sound asleep by 8:15!
Macie loved the hike!
Camel rock
Family Photo
Macie loved touching the rocks
Look at that sweet face!
When we were eating, Macie played with rocks and sticks. She is always exploring her environment.
Brian and Macie in the cave
The ferry...you drive your car onto it and ride across

No comments: