Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Birthday Reflections...

As I turn 27, it is only appropriate for me to reflect on my year 26. The last year of my life has been truly amazing.....I had my first child, celebrated my first wedding anniversary and mother's day and found out that we were expecting our second child. I don't know that 26 or 27 is supposed to "feel like" but I can't believe 30 is closer than it is far away. I also feel so content with so many aspects of my life. If you would have asked me 5 years ago.....what are three things you want out of life, my answer would have been, to be a teacher, a wife and a mother. God has blessed me with a job that I love, a good marriage with a wonderful husband who works hard to support his family and a gorgeous baby girl and another baby on the way....what more could I ask for? Does my life stop here? Absolutely not!! It just makes me realize that I need to dream bigger, work harder, and not take for granted what I have now because it could be gone in an instant!

This year I look forward to celebrating Macie's first birthday, meeting our new child, getting more financially stable, and getting my house more organized and back to the way it was before dogs/husband/kids (if that is even possible)! Cheers to another fabulous year!!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday. Hope you have a great year, but it sounds like last year will be hard to top. You have been blessed.