Thursday, November 11, 2010

It doesn't take much...

I've been extremely stressed at work lately! I have a challenging group to say the least and a lot of paperwork this year. Yesterday morning, I asked my First Graders to write something they have learned this year in their November Journal. One of them wrote (and I quote):

"Yoy tot me to do Maf. I im pad uf u. Yoy are the bas ter."
Translation: You taught me to do math. I am proud of you. You are the best teacher.

When I read this I literally had tears in my eyes. This little guy has struggled so much both academically and behaviorally this year. I am constantly telling him how proud I am of him when he does well. For him to write that is all that I need to know that I am in the right place and I am making a difference each and every day in the lives of my students!

Disclaimer: Yes, reading First Grade writing should count as being able to read a foreign language!

No comments: