Tuesday, November 9, 2010

First Steps

There has been a lot going on in the Mitchell household lately, but I haven't been blogging much. Here are a few things we've been up to:

First Steps:
When we took Gavin to see Dr. Voyles for his 9 month check up, we had some concerns about Gavin not bearing weight on his legs. Dr. V agreed that it was a valid concern and referred Gavin to First Steps. I had the enrollment meeting yesterday. At the first meeting, I just had a ton of paperwork to fill out. We set up the evaluation for Tuesday, November 23rd. Two therapists will come to our house and look at all aspects of Gavin's development. They will basically play with him for an hour and a half and ask me a bunch of questions. A week later we will meet to go over the results of the evaluation. Based on that we will decide if he needs therapy or not. Hopefully, everything will turn out just fine! I'll keep you posted...

A few other firsts...
Tonight Gavin sat in a high chair at a restaurant and had his first few bites of vanilla ice cream!!!
Macie also attempted to use a public restroom tonight and that didn't go over quite as well!

Potty Training Break Thru:
We had only been in the car for a few minutes on the way home from daycare when Macie said she had to pee. I was by myself with both kids so I knew there was no way I could stop and use a public restroom. I just told her to try and hold it but that I wouldn't be mad if she couldn't. I reminded her several times and she actually did it! She waited until we got home to use the potty! I was so proud of her I gave her an extra treat!!!

No comments: