Sunday, May 1, 2011

Busy Saturday

Wow...what a busy and exhausting Saturday we had! Brian cut his hair, planted the garden, and mowed the grass all before heading off to bartend. Macie and I went to Walmart for some presents, milk, and diapers and then I let her play outside for a bit while Daddy finished planting. Gavin took a long morning nap, so he missed a lot of the action. After lunch and naps, the kids and I picked up my mom and went to the zoo. I'm guessing everyone had the same idea, because it was a little crowded in some sections, but we had a great time. Macie even attempted to feed a giraffe and didn't freak out too much! After the zoo, we went back to my parent's house. Gavin once again took a long nap and Macie watched Grandpa plant his garden and helped Grandma clean out her flower bed. Grandpa grilled some yummy sausages for dinner. After we ate, I changed the kids into pjs and we headed home. We made it home around 6:45 and by 6:50 the kids were in bed without a fuss. I think they were worn out!! Allie came over for a bit and then I went to bed myself. It was a long day, but I'm glad we were able to accomplish so much on a sunny Saturday. More rain ahead...boo!

Macie asked if she could get in her sand box and I of course said yes. I can see we are going to get a lot of use out of that thing!





Brian working hard in the garden...

This is our first attempt, so wish us luck! We planted tomatoes, broccoli, collards (he picked up by mistake), sweet banana pepper, bell pepper, egg plant, squash, zucchini, and brussel sprouts.



The only zoo pics I got and Macie wouldn't even look at me!



Supervising Grandpa







No comments: