Sunday, May 22, 2011

Dora and Diego

Yesterday morning, Macie, Gavin, and I picked up my mom and headed to the zoo. Brian had to bartend so he wasn't able to come with us. We didn't get to the zoo until around 10:30 (which was really close to lunch time) but I knew that the special guests would be worth it. Dora and Diego were at the zoo! Macie has really gotten into them in the last 6 months or so and she was sort of it awe. She was excited to stand in line and see Dora. She said she would sit on her lap, but when it was our turn she sort of freaked. There were no tears shed, but I had to hold her and she buried her head in my shoulder. My mom got a picture on her camera so I'll have to get it from her to post. Macie was thrilled to wave at both characters and then go see some animals. We were worried that it may rain, but it held off. We only saw part of the zoo because it was getting late. I gave the kids a snack (animal crackers of course) so they would make it and they both behaved wonderfully! We left the zoo a little after noon and went to McDonald's for lunch. By the time we got home it was a little after one and the kids were wiped! They both slept until four! Macie cuddled with me for part of the time. What a great day!

Dora
Diego

Grandma brought quarters so Macie could hear some animal noises in Amazonia

No comments: