Tuesday, November 22, 2011

BPP #5

Today I went to the doctor for my 5th BPP. I was excited to see how much Lilah had grown in the last two weeks. To my SHOCK, her estimated weight is 6 pounds 8 ounces. That means she's gained almost a pound and a half in two weeks!! She is now in the 69th percentile. I asked the tech if she thought that was a problem and she admitted she was also a little shocked about the gain. She also reassured me that sometimes there is a big gain one time and the next time it levels out. Unfortunately, her stomach is what is measuring so big.

The rest of the BPP went well except for the fact that she wouldn't show her face again. Last night I was feeling a body part in my stomach, but I didn't know what it was. I found out today it was an arm or an elbow.

After the BPP, I thought I had an hour wait until my appointment, but they ended up calling me back early. Dr. Crutcher was out of the office today, so I saw Dr. Slovachek. I actually saw him a lot when I was pregnant with Macie because Dr. C was on maternity leave. "Slov", as they call him, said that everything looked great. My blood pressure is slowly rising, but not dangerous yet. He went ahead and measured my belly and said that it is also a week or so ahead, so who knows. Even though I have a BPP every week, I only see Dr. Crutcher every other week right now. He suggested that I go ahead and see her next week to see what she thinks about everything. The original plan was to wait two weeks to measure growth, but that might change now that she is so big.

While I am anxious to meet her, I also have a big to do list to get through and I want her to be as healthy as possible. I guess only time will tell!

No comments: