Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Latest Updates

Macie's 1st Dentist Appointment: This morning, we took Macie in for her very first dentist appointment. She was excited to go and we practiced opening our mouth so the dentist could count our teeth. Pediatric Dentistry is an amazing place! They have a toy room in the lobby, tvs above every chair, toys in the room, a treasure chest, and a basketball goal. Not to mention the staff is amazing. It is obvious that they are meant to work with children. All four of us went to the appointment because it was at 7:15 in the morning. Brian planned to take the kids to daycare after. I also wanted Brian there just in case Macie needed x-rays (I wouldn't be able to go back because I'm pregnant).
The tech took Macie, Tangled Baby, and I back into the room (Gavin was more than happy to stay in the playroom with Daddy). She asked me what we wanted to do and I told them to do as much as they could. The "girl" (hygienist) came in first. Macie wasn't about to get in the big scary chair, so I held her on my lap and she laid back on the hygienist's lap. She was able to brush Macie's teeth and put "vitamins" (fluoride) on her teeth. Macie was tense at first, but relaxed as time went on. After the cleaning, Macie got to play more. She also got a pink balloon (her favorite color) and a bracelet for being so brave.
After the cleaning, the "boy" (Dr. Hiester) came in. He was so good and talked to Macie the entire time. As soon as he said that her teeth looked like princess teeth, Macie was all in! Macie told him that she was Tangled for Halloween. Dr. Hiester agreed that Macie definitely had tangled teeth. She laid down on our laps again. Macie did pretty well until he turned the light on. Macie FREAKED out. He had to finish the exam with the light off. At the very end of the visit, we got a report card and Macie got her first A! There are two spots to brush better, but he said we are doing a great job. This was a huge relief because I want my kiddos to have a good start in dental care.
The only concern I had was that I thought one of her front teeth was chipped slightly on the bottom. Turns out that she is grinding it on a bottom tooth. Yuck!
At the very end of the visit, they gave us all a tour. We go back in June.


Gavin...Good Bye First Steps: After school today, I headed to the First Steps office to fill out Gavin's exit paperwork. He has officially graduated from First Steps! Last year on November 1st, a referral was made by Dr. Voyles. This year on November 2nd, I signed papers for services to stop. We have been on quite a journey for the last year and I'm so grateful that we've had First Steps in our lives. It is bittersweet, I have to admit, but I'm ready to move on. Hopefully, Lilah won't need it, but if she does, I won't hesitate a second to get her help. Thank you Miss Melissa, Miss Tammy, and all of the First Steps crew for all you've done for Gavin and our family!!

Lilah's 2nd BPP: Yesterday, I went in for my 2nd BPP. It was pretty uneventful. Lilah passed with flying colors! I think that it helped that I ate a piece of chocolate right before the appointment to help her movement. Everything looked good, but we weren't able to get a clear picture of her face for the second week in a row. She was turning away from us. In fact, her foot was in front of her face. It is amazing how flexible babies are! They didn't measure her growth this week, but said that they would check that again next week. I'm curious to see how much she is growing. I was called back on time and out of there in 15 minutes. Now that's my kind of appointment!

Where does she come up with this stuff?: Macie: When will we get up in the morning? Me: In a few hours Macie: I want to get up at 6:00 Me: Ok, Whatever you think


Antics: Macie and Gavin have a love/hate relationship. They love each other and can play together so well at times. However, they are way to young to fight and push each other's buttons the way they do. They scream, push, fight, Gavin pulls Macie's hair, and bug each other for no reason at all. I think that Gavin was just laid back for way too long and it is coming out now! I'm so tired of the fighting already and we have a long road ahead. I seriously don't know what I'm going to do when there are three of them!

Questions: Both of my kiddos LOVE to ask questions. I think they get this from their Daddy. Gavin is always asking "why" when you tell him to do something. Macie's questions have gotten much more in depth lately. Some examples are: How do animals talk? Do you guys go to a adult dentist? How do dogs get on beds? Those little brains are always working!

No comments: