Saturday, May 4, 2013

Indy Whirlwind Trip

My Grandma Wolf had heart valve replacement surgery on Tuesday, April 23rd in Indianapolis.  After a few days, my mom came home for a day or so to get some stuff and work.  Friday morning, she got a text saying my grandma wasn’t doing well, so she and my dad rushed there.  They didn’t have time to pack anything, they just got in the car and drove.  I was praying they would make it in time.  Thankfully, by the time they got there, my grandma’s condition had slightly improved.  My mom decided she wasn’t going to leave for a while and my dad was stranded there.
Allie, Mary, and I decided we were going to go to take my mom some stuff, pick up dad, and visit with Grandma.  We originally planned to leave early in the morning on Saturday, but ended up leaving Friday night.  We got there pretty late, but headed straight to the hospital.  We took mom and dad their stuff and visited with Grandma.  She didn’t look to good and struggled to talk to us.  It was heartbreaking!  My grandma truly is the strongest, best person I know and to see her like that was really hard.  We stayed for a bit and then headed to my cousin’s house.  She just moved into a new house and was kind enough to let us crash for a few hours. 
In the morning, we showered and went straight back to the hospital.  We were there for several hours visiting with everyone.  Mary was kind enough to arrange for everyone to have some lunch delivered from Penn Station.  Most of the siblings were there and I know they were worn out!  We left a little after 2pm Indy time and headed straight home.  We were all worn out and exhausted from our whirlwind trip, but I’m so glad that I was able to see my grandma and spend some time with my family!
Thankfully, my grandma has slowly been improving each and every day.  Soon, they hope to transport her to a facility in Evansville for more care.  That will be nice for everyone!

No comments: