Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mother’s Day 2013

Mother’s Day was a day of mixed emotions for me.  On the one hand, I felt so blessed and proud to be a mother of three, crazy, adorable, sweet kiddos.  On the other hand, I couldn’t get out of my head that two years ago on Mother’s Day, I thought I was losing Lilah.  I also couldn’t get out of my head that my grandmas aren’t doing well and I haven’t been able to spend much time with my mom in months.  All day I was torn.

Brian let me sleep in until 8 and then he and the kids brought me breakfast in bed.  He also wrote me a nice note and the kids colored me pictures.  Of course, I sat in bed surrounded by three kids and shared my breakfast with them.  It was a bit crazy, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.  After breakfast, I showered and went to see both of my grandmas.

Grandma Wolf had recently moved from Indy to Riverpointe so she could recover from her surgery.  My mom stayed the night with her and I also wanted to see her.  I stayed for an hour to visit.  I could tell my Grandma wasn’t feeling well, but tried to ask a few questions about the kids and our plans for the day.  I left there sad and worried about her.  Next, I met my dad at the nursing home to see his mom.  I didn’t stay for too long so I could get home and have lunch with my family.  Once again, I left there sad.  I have two grandmas and neither one is in a good place.  One grandma has her mind, but her body is failing her.  The other, has her body, but her mind is failing her.  I honestly don’t know which one is worse. 

Brian made me bbq chicken nachos for lunch and they were delish!  After lunch and naps, we met my dad and Allie at the zoo.  My mom had planned to go with us, but ended up taking my grandma to the ER instead.  We had a nice visit to the zoo and the weather was great!  After the zoo, we went to Hacienda for dinner.  I hardly ate anything.  I just didn’t feel like it and was kind of down all day.  They gave me a flower because it was Mother’s Day (actually they handed it to Allie first because the kids were sitting by her). 

After dinner, we went home to drop off Brian and the kids and then Allie and I went to the hospital.  By this time, my grandma was admitted and we were able to see her for a few minutes.  I wasn’t at the hospital for too long.  I got home and watched some tv before calling it a night.

As far as a gift, Brian and the kids are getting me a wireless mouse and keyboard.  I am super excited about this because I will be able to be lazier when watching shows on the computer!  Woohoo!

I hope that everyone had a Happy Mother’s Day!

079080081082083

This is what happens when you give Brian the camera…

084086087095

Once again, can’t trust Brian with the camera!

098099100102103104105108109118121124127

No comments: