Monday, July 7, 2014

Dog Bite

The worst part about my 4th of July was that I was bitten by my neighbor's dog.  Oakley was going crazy and we’ve seen her many times before.  I walked up to the fence and put my hand out very calmly for her to sniff me before I pet her.  That is what you are always trained to do.  Well she snapped at me and thankfully only got my knuckle.  It hurt really badly and shocked me.  If she would have gotten anywhere else, I would have had to get stitches.  You can’t see it well in the pictures, but it broke skin, I was bleeding, and my hand was swollen in that area for a day or two.  They always talk about how sweet this dog is, but I’ve never been a fan.  Now, I will never fully trust her, especially around the kids.

070071072

1 comment:

Holly said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry you were bitten! I was bitten by my uncle's dog when I was about three and am now afraid of most dogs and dislike them in general.