Sunday, April 25, 2010

March of Dimes

Yesterday, Macie, Gavin and I walked in the March of Dimes walk with my mom and Allie. I had been watching the weather for a few days before wondering if we were going to get rained out. I was mostly concerned about whether or not to bring the kiddos with me. I really wanted to bring them because the walk is all about babies. Well, we lucked out! It was breezy and overcast, but the rain held out until it was time to go home. We literally were packing up the car and the rain drops started falling! Macie had a great time! Before the walk, she played on the playground with Aunt Allie and waved at all of the characters there. Evan the otter, a newspaper guy, and the Chick-Fil-A cow were there. Macie was perfectly happy to wave to them, but she wasn't thrilled when they came up close! Thankfully, both kiddos slept through most of the walk. It was a great walk and I got a good workout pushing the double stroller!
Brian stayed home to get some stuff done. When we got home, all four of us were able to take a little nap. I can't tell you the last time that happened!!! It was so nice. Later that evening we went to Mass and then to Logan's to celebrate Allie's birthday a day early. After a yummy dinner, we came home to put the kids to bed and hang out with Allie.
Before the walk
Penguins!
Macie loved the beads
My little jailbird
She kept showing me her beads
Peacefully snoozing
Gavin and Aunt Allie
Lunch time!
I have been blessed with two healthy babies!

No comments: