Wednesday, June 2, 2010

First Sucker

This afternoon, against my better judgement, I let Macie have her first sucker. I have been holding out because it freaks me out. As I've mentioned before, she seems to choke on things easily. When we went to the bank this morning, the teller gave Macie a sucker. I put it in the bag. During snack time, I was trying to do dishes and clean up the kitchen. I thought it was a good time to give her the sucker because she was confined and I could keep a close eye on her. At first, she was shocked that I was giving it to her and she didn't know what to do. Once she got the hang of it, she loved it and even cried when I threw the stick away. The funny thing is, she kept pointing to it and calling it a ball! I don't plan to do this often, but it is nice to have a special treat sometimes!



No comments: