Friday, June 11, 2010

Tay

As sad as it is that my kids are growing up way too quickly before my very eyes, I am also enjoying each and every stage they are in. Macie is talking more and more and she is better able to understand what I am saying. Often times I will say something like, "I'm going to take Gavin out to the car and then I'll come get you, OK?" and she will say "tay". Or I will say, "I need to feed Gavin and then you can have a snack, OK?" and she will say "tay". She sounds so sweet when she says it. The good thing is, she actually gets it and we don't have nearly as many meltdowns as we did when Gavin first came. She is learning that Mommy will get to her as soon as she is done with whatever she is doing.


We had to take Macie in for a quick trip to see Dr. Voyles today. When I was changing her diaper before nap time, I noticed red blotchy whelps on her behind. They were raised and hot. Then, I noticed two more on each thigh. I started to get a bit worried and stripped her down to do a full inspection. Thankfully, I didn't find anymore. I rubbed a benadryl stick on them and put her down for her nap. I knew that I couldn't call the doctor's office for another hour because they were on lunch. The benadryl stick didn't help at all and they were actually worse by the time she woke up. They didn't seem to bother Macie at all, but I went ahead and called in anyway. They had me bring her in around 4. I was a little nervous about taking them both in, but they were both very well behaved. Even though, Gavin was a little crabby. Dr. Voyles said that Macie just had hives. I can't come up with anything that was different that would cause it. He didn't seem too concerned, but said it was good that I brought her in. For now, she is just taking benadryl orally 3 times a day and hopefully they will clear up. Unfortunately, it may take her getting them a few times for us to figure out the cause!


Tonight, we went with Allie to the Holy Spirit Summer Social. We were a bit worried about the weather, but it held off and we had a great time! Allie jokingly called me a celebrity because I knew so many people there. It is always great to see all of the people from my school and parish and to have so many people dote on my beautiful children! Macie ate a corn dog again which she loved, but that wasn't her favorite part of the night. We decided to let her get in the bouncy house for the first time. She kept pointing to it and saying "bounce, bounce, bounce". I wasn't sure if she would even get in it, but we bought 2 tickets anyway. That was the best 50 cents I think I have ever spent! When she first got in, there weren't any other kids. She barely started getting used to it when other kids started coming in and jumping. She kept falling down and laughing the whole time. Then, she got braver. Brian got some video. I was cracking up!! She didn't want to get out and we had to pull her out screaming. Gavin was pretty chill the whole night. I snuck into the classroom to feed him. Perk of working at the school!



, She was wiped out by the time we left! You can't really tell, but she had cheese all over her face!!

No comments: