Sunday, June 13, 2010

Macie at 20 Months

I don't know why, but 20 months seems so old to me. It makes it so real that my sweet little Macie will be 2 before I know it! Even though I have been out of school for a short time, Macie is changing and growing every day. Here are some things she is up to (it's a long list but I want to document it):
  • She is talking more and more and we are having conversations so to speak. Well, she always knows what it is she is telling me anyway! She will repeat most of what we say. What a scary though!
  • She can climb now! Often times I find her in places and I am shocked because I forget she can climb. In fact, today I had the tray off of Gavin's high chair and I left the room and returned to find her in the high chair.
  • She can tell you the sounds for lots of animals: elephant, lion, monkey, dog, cat, cow, sheep, bear, horse, owl, bird, duck, snake
  • She can point to lots of body parts: hair, eyes, nose, cheeks, ears, neck, chin, tongue, teeth, elbow, knee, belly, toes, shoulder, back
  • She loves tv and watches Sesame Street, Mickey Mouse, and Barney (much to my dismay) the most. She has started responding to the shows and doing what they say. My personal favorite is when she calls for "toodle" on Micky Mouse.
  • She loves to be outside. We have already gotten a lot of used of her playground, especially in the swing. She loves her pool and bubbles too!
  • She helps you count to ten. She can say the numbers: 2, 6, 8, 9, and 10
  • She knows the word purple so if you ask her what color anything is, she will say "purple".
  • She is better able to walk with me when I am holding her hand. This helps me when I have both kids by myself. I obviously have to carry Gavin and the bag, so it helps if I can kind of drag her along.
  • She is very social, but also a bit shy. When we get to a new place or around people she doesn't know, she is a bit clingy. But once she warms up, watch out!
  • She loves to read books and play with toys. She also wants everyone to be where they "should" be. If I'm not in my chair or Gavin isn't on the blanket, she is disturbed!
  • Gavin is still her very best friend! She loves him so much. She is always trying to play with him or share stuff with him. He lights up when he sees her.
  • She is starting to tell us when she has gone to the restroom. She will grab her crotch and say "tut". Is potty training in the future??

No comments: