Friday, February 3, 2012

Gavin's Birthday Party

After the baptism lunch, we headed home. The kids took a quick nap and we changed clothes. I took Lilah with me and headed to Allie's house to finish setting up for the party. Brian's family was going to hang out at our house in between parties, but because of our bathroom issues, they had to go to the mall instead. Thank goodness we planned to have the party at Allie's house because ours was a disaster!
Gavin's second birthday party had a hat theme. He is obsessed with hats and I thought it would be fun. Everyone wore hats, the kids decorated visors to take home, we had extra hats for people who forgot them, and a hat pinata! Talk about a fun party! As far as food, we had cupcakes and ice cream with toppings. I let Gavin come shopping with me to pick out the food. We had a great turnout and Gavin got lots of great gifts. He pretty much got an entire spring/summer wardrobe, a train table, and other great toys. He's one lucky kid! The cutest moment of the party was when we sang happy birthday to him. We sat him in a chair and started singing. He suddenly realized that all of these people were there for him. He got this adorable, shy grin on his face. Precious! I love this kid!






Craft time!

Look at all of those hats!







I've wanted to do a pinata at a party and I love that they have these pull strings now. Not nearly as dangerous:) Gavin went first and last. He ended up finding the trap door!



































I LOVE this picture




Thanks to everyone who made Gavin's birthday special and a special thanks to Allie for taking pictures and letting us use her house!

No comments: