Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Dude!

Wednesday was Gavin's actual birthday and we had a fun day. Brian took the day off of work. He made a breakfast of eggs and toast. We packed up everything for the day and headed to Allie's house. We all got baths and got ready for the day. Our first stop was Chuck-E-Cheese. We have lots of free tokens so we thought we would spend a few. We were the only people in the place until we walked out the door. It was great! I put Lilah in the carrier and that made it so much easier. The kids were so well behaved and had a great time. We cashed in our tickets for sweet tarts and tops. It was a great start to the day!

















I love this picture of these two!

Lilah was so tiny that her head didn't pop out but don't worry, she could breathe!

After Chuck-E-Cheese, we went back to Allie's to make lunch and nap. For lunch, I made grilled cheese and we had cupcakes for dessert. Gavin still wasn't feeling 100% and didn't eat that well all day. Thankfully, the kids napped this time. While they were napping, I snuck out to get my son a birthday present. Because of all the craziness, I hadn't gotten a chance to. When I was out, I realized how nice of a day it was. I thought we should go to the park after the kids woke up from their nap. Unfortunately, by the time the kids woke up and Brian got back from checking on our house, it was starting to rain. Instead, we went to the mall to play. We hadn't been there in a long time. The kids were thrilled and they got some chocolate covered raisins.






After we got home from the mall, we let Gavin open his birthday present from us and a card from Grammie and Pops. We got him a Thomas plate, bowl, cup, fork, and spoon. We also got him some Thomas pjs. In the card from Grammie and Pops, he got 2 dollars and 2 balloons. Unfortunately, one of the balloons popped before it was blown up. That night, my parents and Allie joined us for dinner. I made pizza and we had pineapple and chips with it. For dessert, we had a Snicker's football ice cream cake. I found it at Aldi and I was so excited. My parents also brought him a Thomas ball. When we got home, it was time to go to bed. What a great day for the birthday boy. Happy Birthday, Gavin! We love you!

















1 comment:

Kelly said...

Gavin is such a cutie pie...and looks so big!!!
I have a baby carrier, but have yet to be brave enough to use it..lol!!! It's slightly intimidating:)
I hope your first day back to work goes smoothly!!!