Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Check Ups

Today, Brian stayed home and took Gavin and Lilah to the doctor. Gavin had his 2 year appointment and Lilah had her 2 month appointment. I was super sad that I couldn't be there, especially since Lilah was getting her first set of shots. Don't get me wrong, I was more than happy to let Brian take that on, but I wanted to be there for my baby. She didn't even miss me though!

Gavin weighs 30 pounds 10 ounces ( 88th percentile) and is 33.75 inches tall (25th percentile). Dr. Voyles was impressed with his progress and his speech even though Brian said he was pretty shy. Gavin was a great helper and super well behaved. We were concerned (and still are) about Gavin's running and ability to go up and down steps. We know that because of his birthmark, one leg could be longer than the other. Dr. V watched him run and wasn't overly worried about it. I called his first steps physical therapist and I'm hoping to hear back from her soon. I'm also debating calling his dermatologist to get her opinion. I just don't want anything to go overlooked.

Lilah weighs 10 pounds 15.5 ounces (45th percentile) and is 22 inches long (30th percentile). Dr. Voyles was very impressed with how strong Lilah is. She did great with her shots. She cried a bit, but calmed down quickly. She's been a little fussy since, but nothing too bad.

Gavin doesn't go back for a whole year and Lilah will go back again in two months!

No comments: