Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Gavin’s Day ~ 6

Yesterday, I spent the day with Gavin and Froggy.  Froggy had to go everywhere with us and do everything with us.  Gavin even wanted to wash Froggy’s hands, but I drew the line there!  We went to the mall to walk and play,to Teacher’s Aid to pick up a few things,  to school to finish registering for preschool, to the library for story time, and then home for lunch and nap (which didn’t really happen).  After I did a few things around the house, we went to Lic’s to get his free kiddie cone. 
Our final stop of the day was his first physical therapy session at Easter Sills.  Gavin met his new therapist, Kerrie, and she seemed super nice.  He chose to go back by himself.  While I know this is the best thing because in a few weeks I’ll have Macie with me and we will have to stay in the lobby, I got a little choked up watching him walk back.  He had never met her before, but was so comfortable, had a blast, and talked her ear off!  In fact, she jokingly told me that she could probably find out anything she wanted about our family.  Uh oh!!!  I was also happy to hear that she could see some improvement from the eval one month ago.  I told her that in the summer he always seems to do better because he is outside more and I’m off work.  Gavin will go to pt every Tuesday for 30 to 45 minutes.  Brian and I are a little nervous about the cost of it all ($30-$40 each week), but we know that he needs it and will find a way to make it work!
These pictures crack me up!  This kid makes some crazy faces and closes those beautiful brown eyes!!
0702201335907022013360070220133610702201336207022013363

No comments: