Monday, November 20, 2017

#Blessed

One of my 2017 Intentions was to write 17 posts about blessings in my life to help purge negativity.  I'm finally getting around to it in this #Blessed series. 

I am blessed to be celebrating my 10th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY.

WOW...I can't believe that on New Year's Eve, Brian and I will be celebrating 10 years of marriage.  I've said it, and many others have commented, how we've been through more in our 10 years of marriage than many face in 20 or 30 years.  That being said, it is a blessing that we are still together and sticking it out.  Yes, we love each other and have created a family together, but marriage is flat out hard.  I think it is hard for everyone, but when you add extenuating circumstances such as mental illness, sick children, financial struggles, job losses, deaths, etc, it is even more difficult.

Marriage is a covenant.  It is not something that you can easily decide to quit (even though it is very tempting at times!).  I am blessed that God has protected our marriage even in the darkest times and had faith in us even when we didn't.  Each day, week, and year is a blessing and I need to look at it like that versus a burden (ever heard it referred to as the old ball and chain?).  God blessed me with Brian and I want to cherish that blessing!

No comments: