Wednesday, November 22, 2017

#Blessed

One of my 2017 Intentions was to write 17 posts about blessings in my life to help purge negativity.  I'm finally getting around to it in this #Blessed series. 

I am blessed to the be mama of GAVIN.

I always tell Gavin that he is my favorite little boy in the world. Since he only has sisters, it's easy for me to say, but in all honesty, he is one amazing kid.  Of course we have our struggles, but Gavin has blessed me in so many ways.  Because of his disability and homeschooling, we spend a lot of time together.  Gavin can look at me and I can pretty much tell what he is thinking.  He is also very loyal to his Mama and can be a sweet and caring gentleman when he wants to be.

Most of all, I am blessed to watch in awe of his bravery as he faces very difficult circumstances.  I honestly don't know how I would handle it if I was in his shoes, but he just rolls with it.  You tell him he has surgery, no big deal (you take away electronics and that's a whole different story)!  Finally, I am blessed to watch Gavin grow in his faith.  At 7 years old, he has taken it upon himself to read the Bible.  He's already completed the book of Genesis and is working on Exodus now.  It is amazing to me and inspires me to step up my game! 

I've been collecting different Bible verses when they speak to me and I though John 9:2,3 was very fitting for Gavin (Brian and Macie, too!).

"...'Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?'
Jesus answered, 'Neither he nor his parents sinned, 
it is so that the works of God might be made visible through him.'"

No comments: