Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cereal

Tonight we gave Gavin cereal for the first time! He also sat in his high chair for the first time. I can't believe he is already old enough for this! I remember with Macie, Dr. V told us to give her cereal by the time she came for her 4 month appointment. Well, Gavin will be 4 months on June 1st, but he doesn't go to the doctor until the 23rd. I didn't want to wait any longer because my little boy is a porker and hungry all of the time! He is eating 5 1/2 to 6 ounces a feeding up to 7 times a day. That is a lot of food! I am hoping the cereal will fill him up more and stretch out his feedings a bit. For his first try, Gavin did great! He ate every bit and would have eaten more if I made it. He likes it thicker though just like Macie. The runny stuff just pours out of is mouth. If it is thicker, he kind of "chews" on it. His little tongue was going to town! I will stick with cereal for a few weeks before adding anything else. Next up: veggies!!
Not too sure about this new contraption
First bite
Getting the hang of it
Any more where that came from?
What a mess!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Abbie, He is soo cute eating the cereal. You have such beautiful children!!