Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What a difference 5 years can make...

It is hard to believe I am wrapping up my fifth year teaching at Holy Spirit. So much has happened in the last 5 years. Five years ago I was single, working temp jobs to make ends meet, and living in an apartment wondering where my life would lead me. In fact, I even visited a friend in Florida and talked to the principal about working at her school the next year. I felt like nothing was clicking or falling into place for me...then things started to change...

I got hired at Holy Spirit to teach First Grade (even though I interviewed for the second grade position), met Brian, got engaged, bought a house, got 2 dogs, got married, and had 2 babies. Throughout this time I also met most of my closest friends, grew professionally, and grew stronger in my faith. Because so many life changes have happened during my time here, I have been blessed to share them all with my second family...Holy Spirit. This place is my home away from home!

When I was in college, our teachers always told us that it takes about 5 years to get the hang of teaching. I thought that sounded crazy...5 years is a long time! Well, I don't think that anymore! I still have a lot to learn! So many things have happened/changed in the last 5 years, I can't even begin to imagine what the next 5 years have in store for me!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

The more years I work, the more I realize how much I still need to learn..LOL:)
I can see how Holy Spirit can feel like your home away from home. Out of all my schools, Holy Spirit's staff has by far been the friendliest and more welcoming to an ole' itinerant like me:).