Sunday, May 16, 2010

Harmonie

This weekend we stayed in a cabin at Harmonie State Park with my parents and Allie. We had an absolutely wonderful time!!!! Originally, the plan was to tent camp, but weather reports had us a little freaked out, so we opted to stay in a cabin. When I was younger we camped at Harmonie a lot, but never stayed in a cabin. We always thought that only rich people stayed in the cabins. It was a good choice because they are very reasonably priced and super nice. It rained off and on this weekend, but we were still able to grill out, go for walks, and play outside.
It seemed like we brought a ton of stuff, but it is amazing how much stuff 2 small children need! The only things that were forgotten were mine, so we were able to make do.

Friday after school, I headed to my parents' house to meet everyone. They already had everything packed up. I just fed Gavin and we were on our way! Once we checked in, we unloaded everything and fed Macie dinner. Then, she went to bed and we made our dinner. After dinner, we made a small fire in the grill so we could make smores. I was super excited about this because I haven't had smores in forever! Gavin went to bed around 9 and then I was able to truly relax. We played cards on the screened in porch before going to bed and laughed harder than I have laughed in a LONG time!!! I have way too many pictures from the weekend, so I will have to do several posts.
Macie helped us unload the cars!
"I wonder what toys Mommy brought for me to play with..."

More unloading...

My favorite part of the cabin was this screened in porch on the back. I wish I had this at my house!
There were 2 rooms. Mom, Dad, and Allie stayed in the room with 2 sets of bunk beds and we stayed in this room. Macie slept in the pack-n-play.
Gavin slept in the travel bed aka dog bed
Look at that wild hair!!!
Trees have many uses...



I had to teach Brian how to get the fire going!

No comments: