Friday, July 30, 2010

Critical Tastebuds

Now that Brian and I have changed the way we think about and spend money, I think our taste buds have become more critical. If we pay to go out to eat, we have a higher expectation for the taste and quality of the food. When I spent $6 at Burger King for a meal that was mediocre, it made me sick. Especially when we were able to get so much for less money at Target. Last night, we bought a gallon of sweet tea at Capt D's. We both love the tea and it's cheaper to buy a gallon than 2 drinks. The tea was stronger than usual and not as sweet. We were both disappointed and wishing we hadn't wasted our money. It isn't horrible and we will drink it of course, but I think our taste buds have become more critical. These are just two small examples, but it has me thinking and it will hopefully help us to stay on track in the future.

In other news...I ended up getting another whole day with the kiddos today. I was planning to take them to the new daycare for half the day, but Macie woke up with a low grade fever. I knew it was best to stay home. It will be a long day because Macie doesn't feel well (plus she went to bed 2 1/2 hours past her bedtime last night) and Brian won't be home until after midnight tonight. He is bartending a church event. At least it isn't as hot outside. Maybe if Macie starts feeling better later we will get outside and swing.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

LOL...I have to tell you I started laughing when I read that Brian is "bartending a church event." I grew up Baptist so drinking at all was considerered a sin (I don't believe that now!), so hearing bartending and church event in the same sentence sounds pretty funny to this used-to-be Baptist:).

The Mitchell Family said...

The crazy thing is...Brian grew up Baptist too!