Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Changes

There have been a lot of changes happening in the Mitchell household. As a person who has a type A personality and wants to plan everything out, change can be difficult for me. It is scary, exciting, and sad all at the same time.

As you know, we had to get rid of our fur babies last week. That decision was a very difficult one, but we are happy and relieved that we did it. They are in better places and will be well taken care of for the rest of our lives!

Today is also my last full day home with the kids before school starts. Although I knew summer would come to an end, I am sad. Don't get me wrong...I love my job and I feel that I am a better mom because of it, but it is still sad that I won't get to spend every moment with them.

Because I am going back to work, I am weaning Gavin. This is much harder than I thought it would be. My goal for each baby was to nurse them for 6 months. I wasn't able to nurse Macie much at all and had to pump for the first 3 months of her life. Gavin has been much easier and I will actually make it to my goal! It will be a nice break for me to stop nursing, but it is sad too. The bond that we've created is something I will cherish forever. That being said, Brian will be able to do a lot more for him and I'm thrilled about that! My little boy is growing up!

Another big change is that my mom will be going back to work full-time and will no longer be able to watch the kids 3 days a week. Back in January, I was aware that this might happen. But, they kept pushing back the date, so I was hopeful that it wouldn't. I love knowing that my kids are with their grandparents during the day. Finding childcare has been one of the most difficult things Brian and I have experienced regarding parenting thus far. We found someone to keep them on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Brian's mom will still be keeping them on Thursday and Friday. I am just praying that everything works out and that we don't have to make any more daycare changes!!!!

Yes change is good and bad, scary and exciting, happy and sad....I just hope we don't have any more changes around here for a while! I need to adjust to these first!!!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Do you guys go back to school tomorrow?? I don't go back until August 9th!
I hope everything works out with the new childcare arrangements:).

The Mitchell Family said...

No, we start on the 10th but I have meetings and to finish getting my classroom ready. It seems like every day there is something!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Lots of changes! I went back to work today, too...and kids come back next week!

You know, you could always pump at work if you aren't ready to wean...just a thought. I did it with both of my kids for 6 months at work.

The Mitchell Family said...

I did for 9 weeks at work, but I am a teacher and it is very difficult to get someone to watch my class and find a place to pump. Time to move on as sad as it is...