Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Few Thoughts..

Bummed: I had to stop nursing Lilah.  I am bummed to say the least.  Lilah has been extra fussy lately and all of a sudden was up all night.  At first I came up with a lot of excuses (sick, growth spurt, etc.), but I quickly realized that I wasn't producing enough for her. Weird things were happening with my body and when I pumped, I wasn't getting much.  I don't know exactly why, but I don't think my stressful class at school helps much.  After getting some advice and crying a lot, I finally came to terms with the fact that switching Lilah to formula would be the best thing for her.  I stopped producing around this time with Macie, so I shouldn't be shocked, but it's hard.  This is my last baby and nursing has been my thing, so it's hard to give it up.  On the other hand, it will be nice to slowly get my body back.  It's been on "loan" for the last four years!  I've been super sore and am ready to get past this awkward stage and move on! 

2nd Shift: I've joked several times lately that when I leave school, it is time for my "2nd shift".  I'm with kids everywhere I go!  While I love my children (both school and home), it is quite exhausting at times.  Sometimes, I don't know which shift is worse:)

No comments: