Sunday, April 8, 2012

First Manicure

For her birthday, Macie got a gift certificate to get her nails done.  I wanted to wait until after Lilah was born so I could do something special with her.  Unfortunately, time got away from me and I had to rush to take her.  Macie loves having her nails and toes painted, but she was a little nervous about going.  She kept telling me that she wanted to sit on my lap and that she didn't want a boy to paint her nails.  Miss Julie had just done her toes, so I decided a manicure would be best.  Macie picked out a bright blue color and some glitter.  The guy was kind enough to paint her nails blue, add zebra stripes, and top it off with glitter.   
The total bill was only $8 and she had a gift certificate for $25.  We ran into my Aunt Dawn there, so I told the guy to apply the rest of the credit to Aunt Dawn.  Luckily, the guy extended the date on the gift certificate, so she can go back another day.  Macie wanted me to get my nails done, too, but we didn't have enough time.  I needed to get home to feed Lilah.  I'm so glad that Macie and I were able to spend this quality time together!




No comments: