Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bed Time Talks

We've started a new thing around here.  Every night after we put the kids in bed, I go and lay down with each one of the big kids for a few minutes so we can have a "talk".  I let them lead it, because let's be honest, I lead and control a lot of their day:)  Gavin always wants to sing a few songs and often reminds me that he wants to be potty trained soon.  Macie likes to sing too, but often expresses her fears and worries.  She doesn't come out and say she is scared, but I can tell.  Every night they ask me to sleep with them.  I jokingly tell them Daddy needs me.  Even though these talks are only a few minutes, I feel like they are so meaningful.  I have a moment to bond with the kids one and one.  I also feel like I am building their trust.  I know it is wishful thinking, but I hope they always want to have talks with me and are able to open up to me about their thoughts, fears, hopes and dreams!

No comments: