Saturday, May 5, 2012

Fun At Home - Take 1

This week, along with every other week, has been crazy!  Monday night, Gavin and Macie woke up with fevers.  Gavin's was up to 102 and Macie's was almost 101.  We gave them both some Tylenol and put them back to bed.  We decided Brian would stay home with them because I have no time left from having Lilah this year.  I took Lilah to daycare on Tuesday.  The kids fevers went away and Brian got a lot done that day.  I'm so thankful that he does so much around here.  The kids were able to go back to daycare on Wednesday.  I thought everything was better, but when I picked up the kids on Thursday, Lilah had a fever and Gavin had spots everywhere.  I also found out that another little boy at daycare had been diagnosed with hand, foot, and mouth disease.  I went through a ton of emotions in a short time.  I was worried about Lilah, because she is so young.  Turns out, because she is under 6 months, she is more protected than the other two.  I called Dr. Voyles' office.  A nurse called me back and basically said that there is no way to treat the "disease" because it is viral, I just have to treat the symptoms.  Gavin hasn't been eating very well all week, and it all makes sense now because he probably has sores in his mouth.  The nurse also said that we didn't have to quarantine the kids, but they shouldn't be around any kids they hadn't been around before.  I was already off on Friday, so we decided it would be best to just stay home all weekend. 
Overall, they are feeling better and are fever free, but Gavin still has spots.  The problem is, they're behavior is AWFUL!!  I know they aren't 100%, but it is frustrating.  It's also been hard because Brian has been working or busy a lot lately.  I've tried to keep the kids occupied so here are some pictures of what we've been up to...

Sweet Face:  How can I say no to that sweet face?  Trust me, it's easier than you think:)
Baby Crack: Lilah watched Baby Crack (aka Baby Einstein) for the first time.  She LOVED it!  Macie and Gavin loved it too and have asked to watch it over and over!  They were so cute because they were pointing at the tv trying to get Lilah to see it.

Applesauce Pops: As a kid, I can remember my mom making us applesauce pops in the summer.  I've never done that with the kids.  Because Gavin has sores in his throat, I thought this would be a good thing to make.  Macie woke up from her nap a lot earlier than Gavin, so she helped me make them.  It was fun project for Mommy and Macie.  They were a hit and I plan to make them again.  I want to get some Popsicle holders so I can make pudding, yogurt, or kool aid pops.






No comments: