Saturday, March 6, 2010

Playtime

I have been taking care of both kids more and more on my own. Between the kids and the dogs I often feel as if I have 4 children! It can be a challenge when both of them are screaming, but I just take a deep breath and realize they are both OK and I do the best I can. It really isn't bad and I love spending as much time with them as I can. It just seems like both of them are changing everyday! The other day I finally got Gavin fed, changed, and asleep when Macie was crying. I needed to start dinner and laundry, but when I saw that she was signing "please" to do a puzzle my heart broke. Of course, I stopped everything and we sat on her floor and did a puzzle. Dinner and laundry could wait, but I would only have that one moment exactly like that with her.
Macie continues to LOVE her little brother. She calls him "Gah". This morning as soon as she woke up, she took out her pap, pointed at him and yelled "Gah". Yesterday afternoon, she was once again sharing her toys with him. I don't think she quite gets it why he can't play with her. The time will be here before we know it!
Gavin's blocks
His right eye has a clogged tear duct like Macie. Hers was in her left eye. Poor guy....lots of green goop!
As Macie's hair gets longer, it gets wilder and more out of control! Sometimes she won't keep a pony tail in, so we just have to deal!

No comments: