Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Swelling Heart

In the past, I thought that I had been in love. I thought that I knew what love was and what it felt like. And then, I met Brian. I new immediately that this love was different. This was the love I had been searching for. Giddy, leave your credit card at a restaurant 3 hours away, can't stop smiling kind of love. My heart swelled. Things were great but something was missing. That's when Macie entered my life. I experienced a whole new type of love. Love that words can't describe and is unconditional from the moment you see two pink lines. Exhausting, exhilarating, exciting kind of love. My heart swelled again. Then comes Gavin. I had worries, concerns, will I be able to love him as much as Macie? I knew I loved him, but would it be the same? The moment I saw the pinto bean on the ultrasound screen, I knew once again I was in love. Since he entered this world, I have been bursting with love. Sweet, cuddly, gushy kind of love. My heart swelled yet again. How does it happen? I don't know. All I know is that I have been blessed with a swelling heart.

No comments: