Monday, March 1, 2010

One Month Old!!

Today our sweet little Gavin William is 1 month old!! Where has the time gone? It probably doesn't help that February is a short month. Gavin and I had a big day! We met my mom and Macie at the mall and he rode in the jogging stroller for the first time. He really seemed to like it. He also got a bath, which is not a favorite of his, and had his first photo shoot with the duck! Here are some highlights of the last month:
  • I took Gavin to be weighed on Saturday and he was up to 8 pounds 15.3 ounces so I am sure he is over 9 pounds by now! He had a little bit of a slow start, but then gained a pound in 2 weeks! The nurse called him a little bruiser:)
  • He is sweet as can be! He only cries when he is hungry or has gas. He seems to be very gassy and I don't know if I am eating something that is upsetting him or what. We have been giving him a lot of gas drops and hopefully it will get better soon!
  • Gavin is a great eater! I feed him on demand, but he is stretching out his feeding times and more often is going 3 hours. He is also a MUCH better sleeper than Macie was at this point. Last night he had a 4 hour stretch! I hope this is a sign of good things to come!
  • Gavin has a lot of awake time. He opens those big eyes and takes everything in. I can only imagine what he is thinking as the chaos goes on around him!
  • He started taking a "pap". I think this helps to calm him down and sleep for longer stretches. The boy likes to suck and I was tired of being a human pacifier!
  • Some big events during Gavin's first month include watching the Colts go to the Superbowl, meeting his big sister Macie, taking his first road trip, visiting both grandparents' houses, going for walks, and celebrating his Daddy's birthday.
Our handsome man

Seriously....
Whoa...look at the size of that thing!

No comments: